- Review the 2023-24 Standards of Affiliation (SOA) Checklist.
- Host a training or roundtable at council membership meetings addressing timely SOA requirements.
- Offer support to local PTAs who may be struggling with any of the SOA requirements.
- At each council membership meeting, share the SOA items that your council has completed to model best practices.
- Work with your region director to support any local PTAs who finished last year with fewer than 25 members or any local PTAs without an approved membership waiver to ensure they return to good standing.
- Provide support to local PTAs with the memberplanet database and encourage local PTAs to keep updating the membership database with officer and board member information.
- Work with your region director to support any local PTAs on the “TLC Spreadsheet.”
- Encourage local PTAs in their membership campaigns and promote membership contests.
- Share council and WSPTA in-person and online training opportunities with local PTAs and also share the updated WSPTA leader resources, including handbooks.
- Remind local PTA leaders to complete a mid-year financial review and offer support. (check Standing Rules to see if required)
- Discuss the health of local PTAs in your council at board of directors’ meetings. What support do they want/need?
- Encourage local PTA leaders to read Leadership News and share information about other WSPTA newsletters.
- Remind local PTAs who have Washington State PTA as their registered agent, to confirm that the address on file is: Washington State PTA, 15 Oregon Ave, Suite 202, Tacoma WA 98409-7463. Updates can be made when filing their Annual Report with the WA Secretary of State or by accessing a Statement of Change.
November Monthly Tasks
Continue assisting with items from the “ongoing tasks” list.
Refer to the November Checklist for Running Your PTA.
IRS filings (990 or 990EZ or postcard) due November 15. Please note that these forms can only be filed electronically. See Leadership Resources for additional information and instructions.
Continue to report 2023-24 council officers and board members to WSPTA through the memberplanet database.
Elect council nominating committee. Share the importance of electing a nominating committee early in the year to give the committee time to work.
Councils are required to offer a Reflections program. Share program and training information regarding due dates for your Reflections program, so local PTAs can plan their programs accordingly.
Connect with your region director (RD) if your council wishes to use any WSPTA approved training materials and/or statewide marketing.
Check the WSPTA Events Calendar to make sure your event doesn’t conflict with a state or region event, then reach out to your RD who can submit your request and help you with getting materials and selecting classes.