As a benefit of affiliation with WSPTA, local PTA and council leaders have access to numerous resources. PTA leaders should prepare their board and committee members for success by making them aware of the variety of resources available on the WSPTA website.
- Handbooks and other resources for PTA leaders on the Leadership Guides page
- Links to webinar recordings, short videos and eLearnings on the Training page
- Videos and resources to manage the database platform on the Membership Database page
- PTA logos and guidelines on the PTA Logos page
- Get started by downloading 2021-22 Deadline Dates (revised)
- Additional resources for managing a successful PTA, such as bylaws, policy, and standards of affiliation, are located on the Governance page
PTA leaders are provided a username and password to access these pages. This username and password is for leaders only. Members receive a username and password to access the Member Discount Codes page in the welcome email, with their membership card attached, emailed to each paid member.
WSPTA provides a variety of newsletters to keep leaders informed and provide resources to be successful. If for some reason, you choose to no longer receive a newsletter, we recommend that you use the “Update Profile” link provided at the bottom of each newsletter. Please be aware that if you choose “Unsubscribe,” you will automatically be unsubscribed from all newsletters. Especially if you are using a position-specific email for your PTA, unsubscribing means that future leaders holding that position will not receive important information to help them in their duties.
WSPTA also recommends that leaders share the information with fellow board members, general members, and the school community as appropriate.
- Leadership News (weekly) – specifically for PTA leaders
- Membership News (quarterly) – sent to all members
- Focus on Advocacy (weekly during legislative session) – sent to advocacy identified positions and those registered for the Action Network
- Membership Made Easy (monthly) – sent to membership identified positions
- Council Connection (monthly) – sent to council leaders
- Membership Database News (as needed) – sent to Admins
- Event-specific newsletters (weekly leading up to event, e.g. Convention and Legislative Assembly) – sent to those registered
If you currently do not receive any newsletter and are interested in subscribing, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.