108th WSPTA Convention Attendee Information
Convention Registration and Cost
WSPTA members, with paid membership for 2020-2021, can attend this year’s WSPTA Convention 2021. The cost to participate is $70. This includes access to all professional development webinars, materials, prerecorded videos, keynote speakers, and general sessions. Registration for the convention closes on May 3 at 6:59 am. Register here.
Voting delegates identified by the local PTA and council presidents by the deadline of 6:59 a.m. on Monday, May 3 will participate in debate and voting during the annual business meeting. Delegates will register for the event through the general link and by paying the $70 by May 3.
The convention will span May 18 – May 23, visit the schedule page for details.
Convention Frequently Asked Questions
Listed in no particular order.
On May 5 and 6 we will be delivering Bylaws Information Sessions for attendees to hear more, and better understand, the proposed bylaws amendments coming forward to the delegation for debate and vote. Each session will focus on one amendment.
- Amendment #1 (Article 5, Section 8) will take place on May 5 from 7 – 7:55 pm
- Amendment #2 (Article 4, Section 1) will take place on May 6 from 7 – 7:55 pm
- Amendment #3 (Article 4, Section 4) will take place on May 6 from 8 – 8:55 pm
- Amendment #4 (Article 4, Section 2 (including all parts)) will take place on May 5 from 8 – 8:55 pm
The session breakout will be as follows (meeting links will be available closer to the date):
- Information and Q&A link will be provided for 7 – 7:55 pm or 8 – 8:55 pm depending on which session you are attending
- Delegates interested in working together to make sure the amendment passes (Pro Caucus) have the opportunity to move to a new link from 7:30 – 7:55 pm or 8:30 – 8:55 pm depending on which session you attend
- Delegates interested in working together to defeat the amendment (Con Caucus) have the opportunity to move to a new link from 7:30 – 7:55 pm or 8:30 – 8:55 pm depending on which session you attend
After researching all of our options and careful consideration, Washington State PTA selected Whova as our video-conferencing platform for the 2021 Convention. Whova is an all-in-one event management solution that makes events modern and engages attendees effectively. Taking into account ease of use, implementation time frame, security features, pricing, and flexibility, it was determined that Whova was our best choice.
You are welcome to download the app right now but the event will not be “published” until mid-April. At that time you will be able to see all of the options available to you to build out your personal agenda, create a profile, network with others, and so much more.
Don’t worry, if you don’t download the app now we will be communicating on the website and through our newsletters the download link as soon as the event is published and accessible.
- I noticed the class is by invitation only – can I go? While the organizers have some idea of who is most proficient with memberplanet, we do not know everyone that may want to continue learning about the program.
- What is the goal of this class? To develop a team of leaders that will help mentor local leaders on using memberplanet.
- If I attend this class, am I committed to being on the Power User team? While we appreciate that local leaders will want to know more about using memberplanet, we appreciate that not everyone can commit to being on a state-level committee. Attendees will be given the opportunity to sign up for the Power User team after Convention.
- Do I need to be experienced in using memberplanet before taking this class? This will not be an introductory class. Attendees should be comfortable navigating memberplanet for their local PTA.
- If I cannot attend this class, am I prevented from being on the Power User team? No, attending this class is not a requirement for the team. However, team members will need to be able to show a clear understanding of how the database works before being confirmed to the team.
In an attempt to remove as many barriers as possible, WSPTA will be offering a subsidized discount for attendees who might benefit from some assistance. For anyone in need of having the cost of their registration subsidized, please use the discount code: ConvSub21.
Voting will take place on Saturday, May 22, during General Session 1.
Additional details on the process will be posted soon.
Yes. The business session is on Saturday, May 22, from 9:00 – 11:00 pm. This session is open to all attendees but only members who have been designated by their president to serve as voting delegates for their PTA will have the opportunity to debate and vote. Information about the business to be covered is included on the Business Session webpage and will also be included in the program that will be available prior to the meeting.
No, given the circumstances this year, WSPTA will be unable to host the annual scholarship basket raffle as a benefit of convention. For years, this event has been an attendee favorite, and its proceeds provide scholarship money to graduating high school seniors. If you would still like to contribute to the student scholarship fund, we are accepting donations of any amount through the registration process. Your consideration is appreciated.
If you have already been through the registration process and would still like to donate you may do so here. There is a minimum donation of $5.00 required.
Individuals with Disabilities
Washington State PTA strives to assure that all meetings and other activities of the Association are available for participation by all of its members, consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and the Washington State Law Against Discrimination (RCW 49.60). Individuals requiring special accommodations to attend or participate in WSPTA meetings should contact the WSPTA office in advance: (253) 214-7410 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
All cancellations must be in writing to email@example.com. Cancellations received by 8:00 am Thursday, May 7 will receive a full refund less a $10 cancellation fee. No refunds will be given for cancellations received after 8:00 am May 7.
If the event needs to be canceled, the board of directors will make the determination, as well as plan any subsequent actions, per the WSPTA Uniform Bylaws, Article 10, Section 4 Cancellation – convention.