Reflections Program for Leaders
WSPTA Reflections Submission Review and Q&A Webinar (Updated 1/9/23)
On January 9, a webinar was held to go over the submission process for the Reflections program. We recorded the event and you can watch the Reflections Washington State Submissions Review and Q&A on our Vimeo page.
Reflections® is a National PTA and Washington State PTA arts recognition program for students in grades pre-K through 12. The program is structured for PTAs to celebrate and recognize students at the local, council, state, and national levels. All PTAs/PTSAs in good standing may sponsor the program. Students may only submit entries through a PTA/PTSA. Parent groups not affiliated with the National PTA are not eligible to sponsor this program.
Councils are required, per the WSPTA Standards of Affiliation agreement, to offer a Reflections® program for their local PTAs.
The due date for Reflections entries to be received by the WSPTA office for councils and non-council local PTAs is January 18, 2024, at 12:00 PM. Local PTAs that are part of a council will need to submit by their council’s designated due date.
Program chairs of non-council PTAs and councils can access the submission form here. Local PTAs that are part of a council should contact their council for the requirements to enter their PTA’s submissions.
Learn more about the awards submission system in this blog post.
Don’t forget to register your PTA or Council Reflections program on the National Database at https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/23-24RefRegistration
Contact the WSPTA Reflections Chair: firstname.lastname@example.org
On September 15, WSPTA Reflections committee members hosted a webinar training to help local leaders understand this year’s program.
- 2023-24 Local Leaders Guide for Reflections | en español
- 2023-24 Reflections Judges’ Guide
- 2023-24 National PTA Reflections Registration
- Press Release Template
- Media Advisory Template
- Thank You Letter for Volunteers Template | en español
- 2023-24 Student Certificate Template
- Tips for a Virtual Reflections Program
- Introducing Our New Awards Submission System
- 2023-24 logo
- Facebook | en español
- Facebook cover | en español
- Twitter | en español
- Instagram | en español
- Poster 8.5×11 | en español
- Poster 11×17 | en español
- Poster 17×22 | en español
- Reflections flyer | en español | English & en español
- Zoom background | en español
- Generic category icon logo
- Generic Reflections banner
- Generic Reflections logo
- 2023-24 Student Entry Form Packet | en español
- 2023-24 Student Entry Form
- 2023-24 Student Entry Form Packet (fillable)
- 2023-24 Student Entry Form (fillable) | en español
- 2023-24 Dance Choreography Rules | en español
- 2023-24 Film Production Rules| en español
- 2023-24 Literature Rules | en español
- 2023-24 Music Composition Rules | en español
- 2023-24 Photography Rules | en español
- 2023-24 Visual Arts Rules | en español
- 2023-24 Special Artist Rules |en español
Frequently Asked Questions
Local PTAs and councils can host their program in person or virtual, but all state submissions will be virtual using the submission system.
Each council sets its own deadlines. Contact your council to find out your deadline, and where to turn in your artwork.
The due date for Reflections entries to be received by Washington State PTA for councils and non-council local PTAs:
January 18, 2024
Please note: if your PTA is part of a participating council you must submit your entries to the council.
Local PTA (part of a council)
Contact your council for the number of entries allowed. Each council sets their own limit for the number of pieces each local PTA may advance.
Local PTA (NOT part of a council)
Eight total entries or 10% of total entries received (whichever is greater).
Six additional special artist entries.
In addition, be aware that multi-grade level PTAs (for example K-8), may submit 8 entries for K-5th grade, 8 entries for 6-8th grade, and 8 entries for 9-12th grade.
Use the following guidelines for submission percentages (getting as close as you can based on the number of submissions you have):
|Visual Arts||No more than 30%|
|Photography||No more than 20%|
|Literature||No more than 20%|
|Dance, Film, and Music||No more than 30%|
The following chart shows the number of entries that may be submitted to WSPTA based on the number of PTAs participating in the Reflections program within your council:
Contact your PTA president, region director, or the WSPTA office.
Your PTA has both a National PTA number and a WSPTA number. Your local PTA president and/or secretary can provide these numbers to you. Your National PTA number is an 8-digit number that usually starts with zero. Your WSPTA number is divided by periods in between 3 sets of numbers. For example, 2.12.123. Both numbers need to be included on the entry form. Your National PTA number can be found at https://member.pta.org/Get-Involved/PTA-Local-Unit-Lookup. Your WSPTA number can be found at https://www.wastatepta.org/get-involved/find-your-pta/