- This event has passed.
Resolution Proposals Due
June 1, 2017
Any PTA member is encouraged to submit a resolution that addresses concerns that affect children on a state-wide level.
- Submitter name and contact information, resolution topic and title due May 1
- Complete submittal due June 1
- Note: Submittal deadlines for resolution consideration at convention will be announced in the fall but typically occur in November.
Resolution Submitters’ Requirements:
- Must be a current Washington State PTA member
- Submit a completed Resolution Proposal form online by the deadlines above and include all links/references so the information is verifiable. (Note that you can preview the form to help prepare, and you can save your work and return to finish when ready.)
- Be available by email and phone to work with the resolutions or legislative committee member assigned to review your issue to provide clarification where needed
- Be available during the resolutions or legislative committee meeting to answer questions on the resolution
- In the case where one or more resolutions submitted are of similar scope, work with others to combine resolutions
- All resolution submitters whose resolution is selected to move forward must sign a Code of Conduct
The resolutions and/or legislative committee will review the submitted resolutions and make recommendations to the board of directors at its summer board meeting. A committee member will work with you during this time if additional information is required. Following the board meeting, you will be notified if your proposal will be forwarded to the members at legislative assembly.
Learn more here.
Washington State PTA strives to assure that all meetings and other activities of the Association are available for participation by all of its members, consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act (“ADA”) and the Washington State Law Against Discrimination (RCW 49.60).
Individuals requiring special accommodations to attend or participate in WSPTA meetings are requested to contact the office in advance: (253) 214-7410 or email.