WSPTA Legislative Assembly
The 42nd Annual Legislative Assembly will take place in a virtual format on October 24-25, 2020.
Dear PTA leaders and members,
On behalf of your Washington State PTA board of directors and staff, I would like to invite you to attend the 42nd annual WSPTA Legislative Assembly taking place virtually from October 24-25, 2020. Caucusing, education sessions, and other activities will begin September 29, 2020.
At the legislative assembly, you will discover the power PTA has to advocate for the success of every child – the whole child. In PTA every member has an equal voice, and your input matters a great deal to me, and to the success of our grassroots member-driven platform. PTA is needed more than ever right now, and you can help.
The process will look different this year, but we can still accomplish the same goals we would have by meeting in person. Here are some great reasons to attend:
- Take part in deciding Washington State PTA’s top 5 legislative priorities for 2020-2022. This only happens every two years!
- Add your PTA’s voice to the other supported items in our legislative platform.
- Attend education sessions to learn about the proposed issues and resolutions and about advocacy at all levels – state, district, and local.
- Participate in caucusing and debate, and share ideas with your peers.
- No commute or hotel. You can relax in your comfy chair wearing your daytime jammies and then sleep in your own bed! And all for a very low price!
We plan to offer an expanded schedule this year to spread out the caucusing, education, and general sessions. Please look for details in the coming weeks. While we can’t offer you candy and free coffee this year, we do want to keep your work and home life balance in mind while we plan the agenda.
Thank you so much for all you do – you make such a difference for children and families in Washington! I look forward to spending time with you at this year’s Legislative Assembly!
2019-2021 WSPTA President
The Washington State PTA legislative platform is a two-year platform to mirror the Washington state legislative cycle. On the even-numbered years, the new platform is voted on by members at the legislative assembly in the fall. The top five issues become our short-term platform and consist of our priority issues when advocating throughout the year. Other issues are placed on an “also supported” list.