- Attend any board and membership meetings
- Read meeting minutes and offer corrections
- Prepare reports for board and membership meetings
- Get educated: take advantage of in-person and online training opportunities
- Be familiar with your responsibilities and fulfill them
- Review and ask questions about the monthly financial report
- Actively engage in a plan for membership growth
- Prepare articles for newsletter and social media
- Review and update website
- Participate, help, and communicate
- Review the Standards of Affiliation Checklist
Consider a holiday party or ways to celebrate what you have accomplished so far
You are halfway through the PTA year!
Plan a winter membership campaign
Include a plan to apply for the 100% staff membership and the 100% membership award, due March 14.
Mid-year financial review
Consider doing a mid-year financial review in January. Gather a committee and set a date to do the review.
Double-check who the registered agent is for your PTA for the Secretary of State and the IRS. Consider changing to Washington State PTA as your registered agent if not already designated as such. WSPTA is a constant address that does not need to be changed or updated each year and is one of the benefits of affiliation.
Create a plan for participating in the Awards of Excellence program
Which awards will your PTA apply for? Create a timeline to make sure you gather all of the examples and information each award requires. Find more information on the Awards of Excellence webpage. Submissions are due by March 14.
Appoint an awards committee
Consider the following WSPTA recognition awards, as well as any special awards from your school: Golden Acorn, Outstanding Educator, Outstanding Advocate and Student Advocate, Honorary Lifetime Membership. Proceeds from the purchase of these awards fund student scholarships.
Was your PTA incorporated in December? If so, then your annual Corporation Renewal is due on 12/31. The annual corporation report is due regardless of your PTA’s annual income and is separate from the Charitable Organization Registration/ Renewal.
(originally posted November 28, 2018; revised December 2, 2020; revised November 29, 2021; revised December 1, 2022; December 5, 2023)