Have you visited WSPTA’s online leader resources? The WSPTA website, under the “PTA Leaders” tab, has a variety of resources to help councils educate and support local PTAs. The “Leadership Guides” page has been recently reorganized to help you find what you need faster than ever. Don’t see what you’re looking for? Contact us to suggest a new resource! Here are a few resources you might want to visit:
- The council handbook, under “Leadership Guides,” is a good place to start for leaders new to the council level.
- The “PTA. Now More than Ever.” tab has links to shareable articles and information to help local PTAs and councils better navigate issues arising from the pandemic.
- Video recordings of common PTA classes are available under “Training.” Councils may use these recordings to assist local PTAs, and they do count as training to fulfill the SOA requirement.
- The “Membership Database” tab includes helpful how-to videos, resources, and guides for navigating memberplanet.
- Looking for articles to share in a newsletter, or guidance on specific questions? Click on the “Blog” icon at the top of the WSPTA website page. The WSPTA blog contains advocacy and legislative updates, monthly board to-do lists, as well as articles about leadership, finance, and much more!