- Remind local PTAs of the memberplanet database shutdown. Until July 15, PTAs will have limited access to memberplanet.
- Offer support to local PTAs who may be struggling with any of the SOA requirements.
- Work with your region director to support any local PTAs with fewer than 25 members or any local PTAs without an approved membership waiver to ensure they remain “in good standing.”
- Encourage incoming local PTA leaders to plan a summer board retreat and board transition meeting(s).
- Remind local PTA leaders about the Annual Report for Nonprofit Corporations.
- Was your council PTA Incorporated in July? If so, then your Corporate Annual Report is due on July 31. The annual corporate renewal is due regardless of your PTA’s annual income and is separate from the Charitable Organization Registration/ Renewal. Washington Secretary of State’s office recommends early filing to avoid delinquent status.
- Do you need to update the signers with your bank? If you need to update your signers with your bank you will need to file, the Amended Annual report with the Secretary of State’s office.
July Monthly Tasks for the incoming board of directors
Your council position officially begins on July 1 but there are things you can begin to do to set your council up for success.
- Plan a fun council community activity and attend the first Washington State PTA Day at the Park with our Seattle Mariners on August 27.
- If you are returning to your council position, organize the year’s materials and documents, and prepare for the new PTA year.
- Schedule a summer board retreat and next year’s membership meetings. Share your meeting schedule with your local PTA leaders. Meet with district administration to discuss policies, calendars, and back-to-school volunteer needs.
- Ask the superintendent if you may speak at an August principals’ meeting to introduce the council board and share ‘the role of council.’
- Encourage local PTA leaders to register for the remote WSPTA Autumn Leadership Launch on August 25-26. Registration and details available soon- visit the A.L.L. webpage where information will continue to be added.